Player builds modern ‘bahay kubo’-inspired home on Sims 4 without custom content

Game players and designers alike have all extended their imagination in recreating Filipino worlds or neighborhoods in games such as The Sims 4. Yet this particular player challenged herself to create a Filipino home inspired by the traditional bahay kubo without custom content.

Paszerine, who has over 40,000 subscribers on YouTube, posted screenshots of the modern home she built on the game on Reddit, which she placed in the 20×20 lot in the Sulani neighborhood, available on The Sims 4: Island Living expansion pack.

“Hello! If you play the Sims this has no [custom content]. I did my very best with the resources I have in-game. Let me know what you think! I’m open to criticism, and exterior architecture is not my strongest suit so feel free to let me know how I could improve this,” Paszerine wrote on Reddit.

“Despite being modern, the house has enough nods to traditional elements that even I can tell it’s a Filipino home, and despite it looking so elegant, it still feels warm and full of life due to your attention to detail and the beautiful natural materials on the interior and exterior,” one commenter wrote.

“I’ve been subscribed to you for a while! I didn’t know you were Filipino,” another remarked.

“This is so nice! I miss playing The Sims,” one said.

Woman attempts to guilt-trip portrait artist into unpaid work with Bible verse
“She sent me a bible verse, how can I ever refuse her?” The artist sarcastically wrote online after a woman wanted him to work on a drawn portrait for free. Read more.
Someone built native-inspired Jollibee and Mang Inasal stores in The Sims 4, and the results are next level
The dedication of these modders and builders knows no bounds Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment